Clown & Mask Workshops
- Introduction to Clown workshops for performers and non-performers.
- Mask/Neutral Mask workshops
- Creative Process/Play workshops
- Joey/Auguste duo workshops
- Extreme Joey clown exploration workshops (see image gallery: Jan’s Extreme Joey Clown Gallery)
- Private coaching and directing for clown theatre
- Intensive Clown-Through-Mask (Pochinko) training (see also: Jan’s University of Alberta Clown Workshop)
Contact Us for more information about our workshops.
Clown & Mask Workshop with Jan Henderson
Drama 407 Clown and Mask, July 2-16, 2017, University of Alberta 6-credit course, Edmonton, Alberta
Master clown teacher Jan Henderson offers her transformative 3 -week introductory workshop, suitable for both performers and non-performers.
The Clown and Mask workshop has been a catalyst for creative awakening, innovation and inspiration for people in a wide range of areas – from the dramatic and fine arts, to dance, psychology, health care, research and development, entrepreneurial ventures, and more. Through a study of the essence of the creative process as applied to Character and Neutral Mask techniques, and the art and philosophy of the Fool, students will discover and perform their own unique Clown characters.
- Create three character masks using clay, paper mache and paint
- Bring those masks physically and vocally to life to life
- Explore Neutral Mask
- Develop the improvisational skills inherent in the character-driven, European style of clowning
- Explore Colour and the Elements as character sources
- Explore makeup and costume as mask
- Learn to juggle
- Instructor: Jan Henderson
- Dates: July 2- 23, 2017
- Location: University of Alberta, Timms rehearsal hall
- Maximum class size: 14 participants
- For more information or to register contact: Jan Henderson